Table of Contents
- Getting started
- Bluetooth and matching your ReliefHeat
- Turning on and off
- Controlling ReliefHeat
- Usage, care and cleaning
Getting started with ReliefHeat is a snap! Here’s how:
- Download the ReliefHeat app from the App Store
- Open the app and follow the instructions to create and set up your account
- If you didn’t Match your ReliefHeat to your account during the account creation on-boarding, go to Settings and click Match My ReliefHeat, then click Match a New ReliefHeat and follow the instructions.
- Put your ReliefHeat around your waist and return to the Home screen then press the ON button. Remember, there are no physical buttons on your ReliefHeat, so everything is controlled via the app.
- Each time you turn on your ReliefHeat, you’ll answer a simple question that will help build a better understanding of your back.
- Then once your ReliefHeat session starts, you can adjust the temperature using the slider. You can also change the session duration by clicking on the up/down arrows. Or, the OFF button will turn off the ReliefHeat if you'd like to stop a session before the time expires.
Bluetooth and Matching your ReliefHeat
Your ReliefHeat communicates with the app via Bluetooth Low Energy and is compatible with any iOS device that has Bluetooth 4.0 or newer capability (this includes the iPhone 4S and all models newer than that).
To ensure that only you can control your ReliefHeat, you will have to “Match” it to your account before using it. To do this:
- Make sure your ReliefHeat is charging and in Bluetooth range (approximately 20 feet)
- Press the Match A New ReliefHeat button on the Match My ReliefHeat page. The app will scan for nearby ReliefHeats
- Choose a ReliefHeat from the resulting list (usually the list will only have one ReliefHeat on it). Your ReliefHeat light should turn blue when you select it. When asked, press "pair".
- Press Done. You have now Matched your ReliefHeat to your account!
You can Match more ReliefHeats to your account if you want to control more than one - you can choose which one you’re controlling via the list of My ReliefHeats on this screen. You can also delete ReliefHeats from your list by pressing the trash can icon on the right of the screen for each ReliefHeat.
Lastly, you can see the current status of your ReliefHeat connection (either connected or disconnected) and manually connect from the Settings screen.
Turning on and off
ReliefHeat is controlled exclusively via the app -- there is no physical Power button (or any other buttons).
To turn it on (begin a session), open the app and press the ON button on the Home screen.
To turn it off (end a session), press the OFF button from the Session screen.
You can control temperature or session length whenever your ReliefHeat is active (in a session) and connected via Bluetooth.
- Temperature: swipe the slide left or right to decrease or increase the temperature. The current set temperature is displayed at the top.
- Session Duration: use the up/down arrows to select your desired session duration. If you want ReliefHeat to stay on until you manually turn it off, add time until you see the Infinity sign appear.
When you change either of these values, the app will remember your selection for all future sessions.
You can see some stats about your usage of ReliefHeat in the Usage Stats section, reachable from the Settings.
The Usage Stats include total time of use, number of sessions, average session length, and a summary of your pre- and post-session pain levels.
Recharging your ReliefHeat is a breeze! It comes with a USB-C charger - just plug one end into the wall and the other end into the charge port on the ReliefHeat (where the light is). You can also use any other USB-C charger (although it may charge more slowly than if you were using the Relief charger).
The ReliefHeat battery should last about 1-3 hours of use (depending on how hot you set the temperature) and recharging it should take about 2 hours.
Usage, care and cleaning
Using ReliefHeat is designed to be super simple. The brightly colored side is the one that gets hot and should be on the inside (towards your body). We recommend wearing your ReliefHeat over one layer of clothing. Just remember that wearing more clothes beneath your ReliefHeat will affect the temperature you feel during a session.
Beyond that, you’re the boss! We tried to make ReliefHeat as comfortable and discreet as possible so you can wear it whenever and wherever you want. We’re trying to give you a tool to be your best self, no matter what you’re doing.
Your ReliefHeat is not waterproof, however, so don’t put it in a washing machine or dishwasher.
Here are some additional details that we are required by law to include.
To access the regulatory information about this product, including FCC ID, IC Certification number, and model number, go to the bottom of the Settings screen in the app.
15.19 This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
15.21 Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the Relief Technologies, Inc. could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.
15.105 This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help
This device contains licence-exempt transmitter(s)/receiver(s) that comply with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’s licence-exempt RSS(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause interference.
- This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
L’émetteur/récepteur exempt de licence contenu dans le présent appareil est conforme aux CNR d’Innovation, Sciences et Développement économique Canada applicables aux appareils radio exempts de licence. L’exploitation est autorisée aux deux conditions suivantes:
- L’appareil ne doit pas produire de brouillage;
- L’appareil doit accepter tout brouillage radioélectrique subi, même si le brouillage est susceptible d’en compromettre le fonctionnement